No previous rafting experience is required however those participating in our white water rafting experience must be able to swim.
Minimum Age Policy
The minimum age for white water rafting is 13 years, with a minimum weight of 40kg. Anyone under 16 years will need to be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older.
We cannot take you rafting if you are pregnant.
We recommend that you consult us if you suffer from any of the following:
- Head Injury
- Recent Surgeries
- Neurological Disorders
- Artificial Limbs
- Back Injuries
- Heart Conditions
- High Blood Pressure
- Restricted Mobility
Please note the above list does not automatically exclude you from rafting, and the list is not exhaustive. If you have concerns about a condition not mentioned, please contact our team prior to travel.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- We operate under a 24-hour cancellation and amendment policy. Any booking that is cancelled or amended within 24 hours of departure will be charged in full.
- In the event that a medical condition prevents you from partaking in the activity, a medical certificate must be provided to obtain a refund.
- Bookings that are cancelled or amended outside of 24 hours prior to departure can be done so at no charge.
- For safety and operational reasons, we require specific numbers in order to operate. A raft trip must have a minimum of 8 people, therefore we ask you to call us the day prior to departure to reconfirm your trip.
- Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be coordinated to achieve minimum numbers. If we do not achieve minimum numbers we can reschedule, or cancel your booking without charge.
- All prices are subject to change. Valid 1 October 2016 – 30 September 2017.
- Operational days: 364 days per year – we do not operate on Christmas Day
- All tours operate subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers and we reserve the right to cancel or amend any trip.
- Challenge Rafting is subject to the operational and health & safety practices of Queenstown Rafting.
- Challenge Rafting and Queenstown Rafting have the right to refuse any customer at any time.
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk. Challenge Rafting and Queenstown Rafting cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for equipment loss or damage.
- The above is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.