No previous rafting experience is required however those participating in our white water rafting experience must be able to swim.
Minimum Age Policy
The minimum age for white water rafting is 13 years, with a minimum weight of 40kg. Anyone under 16 years will need to be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older.
We cannot take you rafting if you are pregnant.
We recommend that you consult us if you suffer from any of the following:
- Head Injury
- Recent Surgeries
- Neurological Disorders
- Artificial Limbs
- Back Injuries
- Heart Conditions
- High Blood Pressure
- Restricted Mobility
Please note the above list does not automatically exclude you from rafting, and the list is not exhaustive. If you have concerns about a condition not mentioned, please contact our team prior to travel.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- We operate under a 24-hour cancellation and amendment policy. Any booking that is cancelled or amended within 24 hours of departure will be charged in full.
- In the event that a medical condition prevents you from partaking in the activity, a medical certificate must be provided to obtain a refund.
- Bookings that are cancelled or amended outside of 24 hours prior to departure can be done so at no charge.
- For safety and operational reasons, we require specific numbers in order to operate. A raft trip must have a minimum of 8 people, therefore we ask you to call us the day prior to departure to reconfirm your trip.
- Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum number on the basis that bookings will be coordinated to achieve minimum numbers. If we do not achieve minimum numbers we can reschedule, or cancel your booking without charge.
- All prices are subject to change. Valid 1 October 2018 – 30 September 2019.
- Operational days: 364 days per year – we do not operate on Christmas Day
- All tours operate subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers and we reserve the right to cancel or amend any trip.
- Challenge Rafting is subject to the operational and health & safety practices of Queenstown Rafting.
- Challenge Rafting and Queenstown Rafting have the right to refuse any customer at any time.
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk. Challenge Rafting and Queenstown Rafting cannot be held responsible for personal injury or for equipment loss or damage.
- The above is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Weight / Age Limits
- Maximum weight is 115kg/253lbs. All persons over 95kg are subject to Tandem Master assessment at the drop zone. Persons 95kg -104.9kg will incur a weight surcharge of $50 and those 105kg-115kg a weight surcharge of $75.
- The minimum weight is 30kg/66lbs and all passengers must be big enough to fit safely into the harness.
- Children 17 years old or younger do require a waiver to be signed by a guardian.
- Minimum age of 13 and a minimum weight of 40kg for Rafting.
- The maximum weight for rafting is 120kg and the person must be able to fit our gear and safety equipment. We do have a number of extra-large wetsuits but ask that you are physically fit and able to swim.
AJ Hackett Bungy
- All Bungy Jumpers and Swingers must be at least 10 years old, with the exception of The Nevis Bungy which has a minimum age of 13 years old.
- The Nevis Bungy has a minimum weight of 45kg and a maximum weight of 127kg.
- The Nevis Swing has a minimum weight of 35kg and a maximum weight of 220kg.
- The Ledge Bungy has a minimum weight of 35kg and a maximum weight of 127kg.
- The Ledge Swing has a minimum weight of 35kg and a maximum weight of 107kg.
- The Kawarau Bridge Bungy has a minimum weight of 35kg and a maximum weight of 235kg.
Shotover Canyon Swing
- The minimum age is 10 years old. Children aged 10 – 14 require a guardian to accompany them to the site and sign a waiver. Children 15 -16 years old are able to travel by themselves but do require a waiver to be signed by a guardian.
- The Canyon Swing has a minimum weight of 35kg and a maximum weight of 135kg. The maximum combined weight for tandem jumpers is 180kg.
- The maximum combined weight for tandem jumpers is 180kg.
- There is a minimum age of 3 years old to ride the Shotover Jet. Children must also be a minimum height of 1 metre tall.
- Yes – there is a minimum height of 1metre required to ride the Shotover Jet.